This was a short branch off of The Chester Creek Branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad. It switched off at Chadds Ford Junction, made a huge horseshoe curve crossing US Route 202 twice, and finally crossed Ridge Road. Built in 1888, it ran for only 1.6 miles.
The time of its abandonment is in question. Two sources tell us that it was abandoned either in 1922 or in 1972, when the Chester Creek Branch was abandoned. Nobody seems to know which date is correct. It is believed to have been abandoned in 1922 since traces of the line are nearly impossible to find today.
Thanks to Joe Sharretts for contributing information about this route.