This trolley line, known as the Wilmington and Brandywine Springs Railroad, served as a passenger route to get from downtown Wilmington to the park at Brandywine Springs. The W&W's Landenburg branch had stations there, too, but anyone who didn't buy a train ticket all the way to Landenburg would grab the trolley. The main cause for building this line was to serve an amusement park that opened in 1900, the same year the line was finished. Even though the idea for a small trolley line was brilliant, ultimately it did not work out because of the decrease in visitors when the park grew older. The line closed in 1928 and the tracks and bridges were pulled up.
It is almost impossible to trace the line because of the growing city of Wilmington. However, evidence of the old ROW can be found if known where to look.
Thanks to Christian B. for contributing information about this route.