This line was originally built by the El Paso and Southwestern Railroad, and then became part of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1924. It served extensive mining operations around Bisbee owned by the Phelps-Dodge Corporation. This area was also served by the Arizona & South Eastern Railroad, which became a part of the EP&SW and the SP. The most recent abandonments in this area was apparently in the mid 1980s.
The Bisbee Branch
— ICC Abandonment Filings —
|Southern Pacific Railroad|
|Docket: 8659||1/23/1931||Section: 1|
|App. of El Paso & Southwestern RR.Co. and Southern Pacific Co., its lessee, for a certificate to abandon a portion of the Bisbee Branch and the operation thereof between Lowell and Bisbee, Cochise County, Arizona, a distance of 5330 feet.|
|Length: 1.009 miles||Citation: 170 ICC 428|
— User Comments —
No comments have been posted for this abandonment yet.