This short railway line was built in 1886 by the Bay Ridge Company as the Bay Ridge and Annapolis Railroad. It connected the town of Annapolis proper with the company's resort area at Bay Ridge, a 4.5-mile journey. While passenger traffic was plentiful as tourists visited the resort, the line also carried freight cars to car ferry terminals in Bay Ridge that lined the Chesapeake Bay.
Ultimately, though, the BR&A lost money, and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad purchased a majority ownership in the BR&A when they offered bonds in order to infuse capital. It was all for naught, however, as the Bay Ridge Company abandoned the line, and with it the Bay Ridge and Annapolis Railroad, in 1904.
Little-to-no evidence of the right-of-way exists today.