This spur line was built in 1917 to serve Bastanchury Ranch. It branched from the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway mainline at Fullerton (at a station named "Basta") and ran for nearly 3 miles to the ranch. Later, the Basque Bastanchury family lost control of their ranch during the Depression years, and the name of the Ranch was changed to "Sunny Hills" by the new owners. As such, the Santa Fe line was also known as the Sunny Hills Spur up until it was abandoned during 1955/56 when the ranch land was sold for development.
The line closely paralleled an existing Union Pacific Railroad (formerly Southern Pacific Railroad) route for most of its length. Today, Bastanchury Road lies atop the right-of-way.