This Elgin, Joliet and Eastern right-of-way was built as part of the railroad's mainline between Joliet and Aurora, Illinois in 1886. This portion of the line between Normantown and Aurora was downgraded to branch status when the EJ&E built their Western Subdivision from a point on this line at Normantown to Elgin, to the north.
Starting in 1976, the EJ&E began dismantling the line starting in Aurora and working their way southeastward to an active customer, a cement factory, at Wolfs Crossing Road. The rest of the line to Normantown was removed in 1985.
Today, the northern part of the line serves as the Virgil Gilman Nature Trail.
Thanks to Jacob Kreutzer for contributing information about this route.