The Augusta & Aiken Railway started out in 1902 as a 26-mile interurban service connecting Aiken, SC, with Augusta, GA. It ran electric trolley cars between the two towns, with total travel time of about 2 hours. As is typical of these older interurbans, they struggled to find success against the increasing use of the automobile, finally ceasing service in 1929.
Stops between Aiken and Augusta were:
- North Augusta