The Addison Railroad Company was incorporated in 1890 and was constructed by 1892 to a connection with the Chicago, Madison and Northern Railroad. This 2-mile line was almost immediately consolidated into the CM&N, and later (ca. 1903) along with the rest of the CM&N into the Illinois Central Railroad. IC commuter trains operated between Addison and downtown Chicago for many years until service ended during the Great Depression.
The so-called Addison branch was then abandoned piecemeal; the last segment was not removed until 1989. Some part of the line probably survived until 1972 merger of the IC and the GM&O that created the ICG.